Saturday 24th July, 2010
with Nikon UK
We now have only very few places left for Heather Angel’s Wildlife and Natural History Workshop on Saturday 24th July, 2010 with a special Nikon Owner discount off the price of the course. Enrolling on the workshop as a current Nikon Owner subscriber will cost £185 and allow you the benefit of a discount of £60 off the normal price of £245.
Nikon UK will be joining Heather Angel for her Wildlife & Natural History Workshop; the event is sponsored by Grays of Westminster, and will be held at Saint Hill Manor in West Sussex . Heather will also be joined by representatives from Think Tank Photo bags.
Heather Angel workshop venue: Saint Hill Manor
Heather Angel, the internationally re now ned wildlife photographer, has been the recipient of a large number of awards and prizes from all over the world for her widely acclaimed lectures, writing and workshops. In addition, she is a regular contributor to the worldwide photographic press and the distinguished author of over 50 books. She is an enthusiastic tutor of wildlife and nature photography, and this very popular one-day workshop at Saint Hill Manor, East Grinstead, West Sussex is perfect for both the newcomer and experienced photographer alike. The schedule includes lectures, demonstrations and the chance to handle and use a very wide range of new Nikon camera equipment. The workshops regularly attract visitors from all over the U.K. , Europe and throughout the world.
09.15 Registration with coffee and tea served on the terrace of the Manor
10.00 -11.15 Heather Angel talk – what makes a memorable image?
11.15 Break for mid-morning refreshment: tea, coffee, mineral water on the Terrace.
11.45 – 12.45 Nikon Total Imaging System – John Clements.
13.00 Lunch: an elegant lunch overlooking the beautiful gardens of Saint Hill Manor and a wooded lake.
14.00 onwards there will be a choice of four sessions:
Practical Macro session with Heather Angel inside and in the garden
Outside Practical session with John Clements
Photoshop Techniques with Giles Angel (aimed at different levels as the afternoon progresses)
Practical Macro session with Heather Angel inside and in the garden
Outside Practical session with birds of prey both tethered and in flight with Julian Ford
By popular request, the birds of prey are back – ideal subjects to achieve stunning action images – both as stills and HD video with the latest DSLR Nikon cameras.
16.15 Afternoon Tea and Coffee or cool drinks served on the Terrace.
16.45 Practical Session with Heather Angel outside. Heather will demonstrate various gadgets for aiding outdoor photography and demonstrate how she works in the rain.
17.00 Workshop closes.
18.30 Dinner at the Manor. A special complimentary thank-you dinner to all those attending the workshop has been organised by Grays of Westminster and the staff of Saint Hill Manor.
For a more detailed schedule, please visit: http://www.graysofwestminster.co.uk/workshop/
Please note that although Nikon cameras and lenses will be available for attendees to try out during the day (in fact these workshops are an excellent opportunity to handle and try out Nikon equipment before making a purchase), attendees are asked to bring their own kit – macro lens, long lens, flash and tripod – to get the best from the practical sessions.
Copies of Heather’s books – including Wild Kew, which is the basis of the 2010 summer exhibition at Kew Gardens – will be available over the weekend.
The ticket includes refreshments, lunch and the evening meal, costs £245 per person for the whole day’s events and can be booked online here: http://www.graysofwestminster.co.uk/secure/angel-workshop.php
For more information on the Heather Angel workshop or Nikon Owner, please contact me, Gillian Greenwood Features Editor / Events and Training Coordinator. You are welcome to do so by either emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, daytime landline and mobile telephone number if you are interested in enrolling in Nikon Owner or the workshop or call me or any of my colleagues after 2.00 p.m. Monday to Friday on 020 7828 8971 or for International calls, telephone + 44 (0)20 7828 8971. The cost of an annual subscription to Nikon Owner is currently only £59. Please quote HA59 if you would like to apply by telephone.
What is Nikon Owner?
Nikon Owner Magazine and Interactive Website is considered by many to be the world’s number 1 user group for Nikon owners. It was initially founded with the purpose of assisting Nikon users to make full use of the Nikon equipment they own, to give advice on a wide spectrum of photographic queries and problems, and at the same time to offer ideas to bring about an increase in photographic skills. Subscription to Nikon Owner magazine and interactive website provides a bridge between theory and practical, technical knowledge and accomplishment. As a subscriber to this group, you will receive an array of offers and assistance, as well as the unique photographic publication:
Nikon Owner Magazine
From the cold reaches of the Arctic to the muted ocres of The Palio, from the panoramic sweep of an alien landscape to the microscopic detail of a leaf in bud, Nikon Owner magazine is both inspirational and informative. It is a superb, glossy full-colour 60-page quarterly magazine that is 100% Nikon. Each issue delivers bench-mark technical reviews of the very latest Nikon equipment, thought-provoking interviews and articles with world-class images. With its mix of stunning images, illuminating articles to assist and enlighten the photographer, and the very latest reviews on Nikon equipment, it is the essential magazine for the Nikon user.
Nikon Owner subscriber benefits additionally include:
- Nikon Owner magazine is a superb, glossy full-colour 60-page quarterly magazine that is 100% Nikon. Each issue delivers bench-mark technical reviews of the very latest Nikon equipment, thought-provoking interviews and articles with world-class images.
- Private user name and password to subscribers’-only website which includes a lively forum, message board, technical equipment reviews, events’ page and use of a photo gallery.
- Simon Stafford’s Technical Helpline: free technical consultation and support from Simon Stafford who is widely recognised as one of the world’s foremost Nikon experts; you will be able to benefit from his formidable knowledge and have all your technical questions fully answered by email. This service is exclusive to Nikon Owner subscribers.
- FREE 3-year warranty on all new Nikon products from Grays of Westminster within your year of subscription.
- FREE 18-month warranty on second-hand Nikon from Grays of Westminster within your year of subscription.
- 10% off Think-Tank bags purchased at Grays of Westminster.
- Special trips: past visits have included a two-week trip to Japan and a personal tour of the Nikon factory, as well as a visit to Nikon Thailand, Angkor Watt, Cambodia.
- Substantial discounts on events and training sessions such as Mike Maloney’s House of Lords Photographic Workshop, Heather Angel’s Wildlife & Natural History Workshops, Chris Weston’s Photographic Courses, Simon Stafford’s Definitive Flash, Portraiture and Macro Seminars.
- 10% off any training courses run by Nikon UK.
- A range of complimentary meetings and outings organized by local Nikon Owner Groups.
- Nikon Owner Grand Christmas Dinner at the Institute of Directors, Pall Mall, London.
About Grays of Westminster
The legendary award-winning Grays of Westminster, currently celebrating its twenty-fifth year, is a charming period shop, specialising exclusively in Nikon. It offers what is probably the widest range of new and second-hand Nikon in the world. It is situated in a quiet location in central London and offers a fast and reliable mail-order service on any Nikon item – available to all world-wide destinations. Tax free shopping to non-European Community residents is also available.
For more information on Grays of Westminster, please contact:
Grays of Westminster
40 Churton Street
Main: +44 (0)20 7828 4925
Fax: +44 (0) 20 7976 5783
With best wishes
Features Editor /Events and Training Coordinator