Win an Adjuste Panoramic Head worth £700
at Michael Eleftheriades’
Definitive Panoramic Seminar
Saturday, October 23rd, 2010
360Precision have generously donated one of their Adjuste panoramic heads worth £700 (£595+ VAT) as a prize to be won at Michael Eleftheriades’ Panoramic Seminar on Saturday, October 23rd, 2010!
It will take place from 2.00 p.m. until 5.30 p.m. The cost of the session will be £155 with a special price of £95 if you are a current Nikon Owner subscriber. To book, please email me with your full name, daytime mobile and landline, or call between 12.00 p.m. and 5.30 p.m. Monday to Friday on 020 7828 4925 or for International calls telephone + 44 (0)20 7828 4925, and ask to speak to me, Gillian Greenwood, or my colleague Katrin Ruckert. There are limited places available, so please book as soon as you are able to, in order to avoid disappointment.
Panoramic Seminar Agenda
The aim of the seminar is to demonstrate the principles, tools and software behind panoramic photography and to provide attendees with the knowledge to apply these to panoramic as well as to general photography, for example to photograph interiors or landscape vistas with more mainstream equipment.
The event will cover the following and will end with a showcase of projects:
Part 1: The Principles
- Panoramic theory & principles
- Selecting the right camera and lenses
- Shooting techniques
- How to set the exposure and white Balance
- High Dynamic Range shooting
- Using Tilt & Shift lenses
Part 2: Post Production
- Image processing
- Creating cylinders and spherical images
- Creating photospheres
- Stitching with Photoshop and more advanced tools
- Creating virtual tours
Part 3: Presenting Panoramas
- Printing panoramas
- Publishing on the web
- Playback on portable devices
Part 4: Panorama showcase
- Examples of recent work, including panoramas from the Nikon Owner trips to Japan, Thailand and Cambodia.
About Michael Eleftheriades
A Nikon Owner subscriber since 2002, Michael is an architect and photographer who fuses his particular passion for architecture, virtual reality, computer graphics and photography in the creation of large-scale panoramic imagery.
Michael had been photographing virtual reality scenes using Nikon film cameras since 1986, and subsequently moved into digital usage and implementation with the launch of Nikon’s Coolpix range in 1998.
He has exhibited his photographs at three exhibitions in London and lectured on panoramic creation to wide acclaim in the UK, Europe and the United States. When not photographing, Michael directs the efforts of Media Synthesis, a media development and consultancy company established in 1993, and is responsible for virtual reality tours and interactive exhibits at many of the UK’s leading museums, including the Maritime and Natural History Museums.
Michael has recently created the virtual tour for Grays of Westminster and has been the Nikon Owner London Group coordinator for the last two years.
Comments from the attendees of his Panoramic Seminars at the Nikon UK Headquarters
Thank you for a informative and enjoyable evening. I have been an architectural photographer for twenty something years and your seminar has enlightened me on how to offer clients alternative marketing, display and web site design possibilities. I will be very interested in attending any future workshops that you and Nikon might offer – C.B. & K. M.
I really enjoyed the talk you gave, and was fascinated by the capability of both the software and pano heads. When I got home that night, I told my wife that I had seen true magic! Those are powerful tools, and you have personally done some amazing things with them – J. W.
I was lucky enough to attend both your recent Seminars at Nikon House. It’s an interest I have had for a long time and I found your seminar most interesting and informative – M. H.
I just wanted to thank you for the two seminars that I attended, I found both seminars very informative and inspiring. Both seminars were very well presented – K. P.
I should like to let you know, how much I enjoyed the talk by Mike Eleftheriades – I found it most inspirational – T. J.
Fast, but a great deal to cover. Excellent friendly manner, presentation by a master of his art – E. C.
Fantastic, a real eye opener! Excellent! – S. H.
Absolutely fascinating – R. J. S.
Travelling to Fitzroy House, 37 Fitzroy Street, London W1T 6DX:
the nearest underground station is Warren Street, but please do make sure that it is open – it is occasionally closed on a Saturday – if so, Goodge Street station is a good option.
What is Nikon Owner?
Nikon Owner Magazine and Interactive Website is considered by many to be the world’s number 1 user group for Nikon owners. It was initially founded with the purpose of assisting Nikon users to make full use of the Nikon equipment they own, to give advice on a wide spectrum of photographic queries and problems, and at the same time to offer ideas to bring about an increase in photographic skills. Subscription to Nikon Owner magazine and interactive website provides a bridge between theory and practical, technical knowledge and accomplishment. As a subscriber to this group, you will receive an array of offers and assistance, as well as the unique photographic publication:
Nikon Owner Magazine
From the cold reaches of the Arctic to the muted ocres of The Palio, from the panoramic sweep of an alien landscape to the microscopic detail of a leaf in bud, Nikon Owner magazine is both inspirational and informative. With its mix of stunning images, illuminating articles to assist and enlighten the photographer, and the very latest reviews on Nikon equipment, it is the essential magazine for the Nikon user, and is 100% Nikon.
Nikon Owner subscriber benefits additionally include:
- Private user name and password to subscribers-only website which includes a lively forum, message board, technical equipment reviews, events’ page and use of a photo gallery.
- Simon Stafford’s Technical Helpline: free technical consultation and support from Simon Stafford who is widely recognized as one of the top Nikon experts in the UK; you will be able to benefit from his formidable knowledge and have all your technical questions fully answered by email. This service is exclusive to Nikon Owner subscribers.
- FREE 3-year warranty on all new Nikon products from Grays of Westminster within your year of subscription.
- FREE 18-month warranty on second-hand Nikon from Grays of Westminster within your year of subscription.
- 10% off Think-Tank bags purchased at Grays of Westminster.
- Special trips: past visits have included a two-week trip to Japan and a personal tour of the Nikon factory, a visit to Nikon Thailand, Angkor Watt, Cambodia.
- Substantial discounts on events and training sessions such as Mike Maloney’s House of Lords Photographic Workshop, Heather Angel’s Wildlife & Natural History Workshops, Chris Weston’s Photographic Courses, Simon Stafford’s Definitive Flash, Portraiture and Macro Seminars.
- 10% off any training courses run by Nikon UK.
- A range of complimentary meetings and outings organized by local Nikon Owner Groups.
- Nikon Owner Grand Christmas Dinner at the Institute of Directors, Pall Mall, London.
The cost of a standard annual subscription to Nikon Owner is currently at the special price of £59. (Quote ME59 when you call or email.)
With kindest regards
Features Editor and Events & Training Coordinator