Nikon D600 / D610 Masterclass – A Practical Workshop
Presented by Simon Stafford
2:00 p.m. Saturday, 14th December 2013
Fitzroy House, 37 Fitzroy Street, London, W1T 6DX
Following his highly popular series of photographic seminars and workshops presented in association with Grays of Westminster, Simon has developed this entirely new practical workshop to help you make the most of the Nikon D600 / D610 camera, irrespective of your level of photographic knowledge and experience, and regardless of which model you use.
The event has been prepared to help you make a dramatic improvement to your craft of taking photographs by expanding your understanding of how the D600 / D610 camera works, and by mastering core camera skills through practical application under Simon’s supervision. Simon will discuss the key aspects of the D600 and the D610, sharing his in-depth knowledge accrued from more than 30 years of photographic experience, so that you can achieve high quality, professional looking photographs consistently. (Please note attendance of one of Simon’s previous seminars or workshops is not a requirement of this course.)
- Digital sensor: understand the implications of the 24MP resolution of the D600 / D610 in terms of shooting technique and choice of lenses
- TTL Metering: discover the nuances and idiosyncrasies of Nikon’s 3D Colour Matrix Metering III in the D600 / D610, and learn about using centre-weighted and spot metering
- Exposure: find out how to achieve accurate exposures consistently and uncover how to make the most of the histogram display
- ISO sensitivity: learn how to control and use it effectively
- White balance: understand why it is important and how to achieve the best results in different lighting conditions
- Autofocus: understand how the focus modes / focus-area modes differ and how to configure the AF system for various types of subject
- JPEG versus RAW: what you really need to know about file formats
- Nikon Picture Controls: appreciate what they do and how to use them
- Image area: the pros and cons of the FX and DX formats
- Live View: implementation of Live View in the D600 / D610 differs from previous Nikon D-SLR cameras; learn how this useful feature has changed and what is required to make the most of it
- Specialist features: explore the why, when and how of Exposure bracketing, High-dynamic Range, Active D-Lighting, and more…
- Menus and controls: learn how to optimize menu settings, use menu banks, and assign camera controls to different buttons
Since this is a practical workshop any delegate who owns a D600 or D610 should bring it, together with a lens or lenses, to work with during the event. If you are planning on adding a D600 or D610 to your equipment, we can arrange a sample camera for you to use, but please let us know in advance so that we can make one available for you.
Booking details: important
The cost of the session will be £155 with a special price of £95 if you are a current Nikon Owner subscriber. To book, please email me with your full name, Nikon Owner user-name/subscription number, postal address, daytime mobile and landline. There are very limited places available, so please reply as soon as you are able to in order to avoid disappointment. If you are not currently a subscriber, you are welcome to join or re-join whilst booking the workshop with me to receive the discount. The session will take place from 2.00 p.m. until 5.30 p.m. and includes mid-afternoon tea and biscuits.
Please note that it is essential that you email rather than by telephone and to this address: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to reach the venue:
Travelling to Fitzroy House, 37 Fitzroy Street, London W1T 6DX: the nearest underground station is Warren Street, but please do make sure that it is open – it is occasionally closed on a Saturday – if so, Goodge Street station is a good option.
About Nikon Owner:
Standard Annual Subscription – normal price: £69; special price: £59 while registering for this course
- 1-year Subscription to Nikon Owner + 3-year warranty on all new Nikon products from Grays of Westminster.
- Nikon Owner magazine, a superb, glossy full-colour 60-page magazine that is 100% Nikon. Each issue delivers benchmark technical reviews of the very latest Nikon equipment, thought-provoking interviews and articles with world-class images.
- All back issues are now available on line as PDFs
- Private user-name and password to subscribers-only website
- Simon Stafford’s Technical Helpline
- 18-month warranty on second-hand Nikon from Grays of Westminster
- 10% off Think Tank bags purchased at Grays of Westminster
- Special trips and events
- Discounts on events and training sessions
Gold subscription – special price: £290 when registering for this course
- 3-year subscription to Nikon Owner
- 5-year warranty on all new Nikon products from Grays of Westminster
- 2-year warranty on second-hand Nikon from Grays of Westminster
- Gold Priority waiting list for all new Nikon releases (top of the waiting list)
- A half-hour tutorial on the phone or face to face, by appointment
- A signed copy of Heather Angel’s Wild Kew while stocks last or a Simon Stafford Nikon Magic Lantern Guide of your choice.
- Nikon Owner magazine as above
- Private user-name and password to the subscribers-only website which includes a forum, message board, technical equipment reviews, events page and use of a photo gallery
- Simon Stafford’s Technical Helpline
- 15% off Think Tank bags purchased at Grays of Westminster
- Special trips and events
- Substantial discounts on training sessions organised by Grays of Westminster, including Mike Maloney’s Workshops, Heather Angel’s Wildlife & Natural History Workshops, Simon Stafford’s Definitive Flash, Portraiture and Macro Training Sessions, Michael Eleftheriades’ panoramic and colour-calibration seminars and Chris Weston’s Photographic Courses.
Please note that once you have booked a place on any workshop or seminar, a full refund or a credit towards a future course can only be provided when you give us 7 days prior notice of cancelling your place.
DISCLAIMER: The various organisers and presenters of these events and courses held outside of the premises of Grays of Westminster and Nikon Owner, together with Grays of Westminster and Nikon Owner magazine are only taking the initiative of arranging and facilitating these events on the strict understanding that they are solely acting in an introductory capacity and anyone planning to come will be deemed to have agreed that they fully understand this as a condition of joining. Each participant will be deemed responsible for ensuring his or her own safety at all times and the safety of his or her belongings, and no liability whatsoever is accepted either by any of the organisers, presenters, Grays of Westminster or Nikon Owner magazine in this regard.