We are pleased to announce
“The Definitive Colour Calibration: From Start to Finish”
seminar by Michael Eleftheriades on Sunday, October 20th, 2013 at Fitzroy House, 37 Fitzroy Street, London W1T 6DX.
The seminar will comprehensively demonstrate the procedures and settings for calibrating Nikon cameras, monitors and printers and how to manage colour-profiled workflows with consistency and reliability.
The presentation will be given by Michael Eleftheriades, Nikon Owner London Group Coordinator. He says, “Like most of us, I found the myriad of options daunting and I was never in control of my camera’s colour or the printing process, which usually ended in disaster. After many years of experimenting I finally began to ‘see the light’ and started to be in control of my workflows with predictable and controllable results. My aim in this seminar is to demonstrate my key rules and processes so that attendees can benefit too”.
The seminar will take place from 2.00 p.m. until 5.30 p.m. with a half-hour Q&A session until 6.00 p.m. The cost of the session will be £155 with a special price of £95 if you are a current Nikon Owner subscriber, and includes afternoon tea. To book, please email your full name, postal address, daytime mobile and landline, as well as your user-name/subscription number if you are a current Nikon Owner subscriber, to me, Gillian Greenwood at:
If you are no longer a current subscriber, you can upgrade your subscription with me whilst booking the course in order to receive the discount. There are limited places available, so do book as soon as you are able to in order to avoid disappointment, and please be kind enough to reply by email rather than by telephone.
The aim of the seminar is to provide attendees with the technical knowledge to calibrate their equipment and to be able to colour-manage their workflow successfully from acquisition to print.
Part 1: General Principles
- Colour Theory
- What are Colour Spaces & ICC Profiles
- How to set up your applications
Part 2: Calibrating your Nikon
- Recommended settings for your camera
- Determining the White Balance under any lighting conditions
- Colour Calibrating your Camera
- Camera Tips & Tricks
Part 3: Monitor Calibration
- Why is Monitor Calibration important
- The right settings for your display
- Gamma and White Point explained
Part 4: Printer Calibration
- When you need to calibrate your printer
- Printing papers explained
- How to calibrate your printer
- Print Settings & Rendering Intent
- RGB and CMYK Profiles explained
- Printing workflows using Adobe Photoshop (or Elements) including Camera RAW
- Advanced printing using a RIP (raster image processor)
“Just to say how enjoyable and useful Mike Eleftheriades’ colour calibration presentation was yesterday afternoon in London. For the first time the mysteries of calibration and profiling became accessible and I am looking forward to calibrating my monitor before long. So, thank you, Mike, not only for your helpful presentation but also the excellent PDFs sent out before the course; they will help jog my memory when going about the various calibration and set-up routines”. TH
“A really splendid afternoon, with my notebook really full! Thank you especially for the presentation images sent privately to all participants.” JM
“I’d just like to add my thanks to Mike for a very informative workshop. TH has really said it all except he hasn’t mentioned the delicious tea which appeared at a crucial moment when attention might have been flagging! It is great to have a full set of notes on each topic – thanks very much for these Mike. I am going to start by calibrating my monitor – a task I have put off since I got this one three years ago”. JH
“Just a quick email to say – how brilliant Saturday’s seminar was. You present very well and make complicated things look simple and easy”. LB
“I thoroughly enjoyed the seminar – you really did manage to get a pint into a quart pot!” PH
About Michael Eleftheriades
A Nikon Owner subscriber since 2002, Michael is an architect and photographer who fuses his particular passion for architecture, virtual reality, computer graphics and photography in the creation of large-scale panoramic imagery. He has exhibited his photographs at three exhibitions in London and lectured on panoramic creation to wide acclaim in the UK, Europe and the United States. When not photographing, Michael directs the efforts of Media Synthesis, a media development and consultancy company established in 1993, and is responsible for virtual reality tours and interactive exhibits at many of the UK’s leading museums, including the Maritime and Natural History Museums. Michael also created the virtual tour for Grays of Westminster and has been the Nikon Owner London Group coordinator for a number of years.
How to get to the venue
Travelling to Fitzroy House, 37 Fitzroy Street, London W1T 6DX: the nearest underground station is Warren Street, but please do make sure that it is open – it is occasionally closed on a Sunday – if so, Goodge Street station is a good option.
About Nikon Owner
Standard Annual Subscription – normal price: £69; special price: £59 while registering for this course
- 1-year Subscription to Nikon Owner + 3-year warranty on all new Nikon products from Grays of Westminster.
- Nikon Owner magazine, a superb, glossy full-colour 60-page quarterly magazine that is 100% Nikon. Each issue delivers benchmark technical reviews of the very latest Nikon equipment, thought-provoking interviews and articles with world-class images.
- All back issues are now available on line as PDFs
- Private user-name and password to subscribers-only website
- Simon Stafford’s Technical Helpline
- 18-month warranty on second-hand Nikon from Grays of Westminster
- 10% off Think Tank bags purchased at Grays of Westminster
- Special trips and events
- Discounts on events and training sessions
Gold subscription – special price: £290 when registering for this course
- 3-year subscription to Nikon Owner
- 5-year warranty on all new Nikon products from Grays of Westminster
- 2-year warranty on second-hand Nikon from Grays of Westminster
- Gold Priority waiting list for all new Nikon releases (top of the waiting list)
- A half-hour tutorial on the phone or face to face, by appointment
- A signed copy of Heather Angel’s Wild Kew while stocks last or a Simon Stafford Nikon Magic Lantern Guide of your choice.
- Nikon Owner quarterly magazine as above
- Private user-name and password to the subscribers-only website which includes a forum, message board, technical equipment reviews, events page and use of a photo gallery
- Simon Stafford’s Technical Helpline
- 15% off Think Tank bags purchased at Grays of Westminster
- Special trips and events
- Substantial discounts on training sessions organised by Grays of Westminster, including Mike Maloney’s Workshops, Heather Angel’s Wildlife & Natural History Workshops, Simon Stafford’s Definitive Flash, Portraiture and Macro Training Sessions, Michael Eleftheriades’ panoramic and colour-calibration seminars and Chris Weston’s Photographic Courses.
Please note that once you have booked a place on any workshop or seminar, a full refund or a credit towards a future course can only be provided when you give us 7 days prior notice of cancelling your place.
With very best wishes,
Features Editor and Events & Training Coordinator