from 2.00 p.m. until 5.30 p.m.
Fitzroy House, 37 Fitzroy Street, London W1T 6DX
The seminar will be presented by one of the world’s foremost Nikon experts, Simon Stafford, who is the technical editor of Nikon Owner magazine and best-selling author of numerous Nikon books. It will take place from 2.00 p.m. until 5.30 p.m. and there will be a limited number of places so that each attendee will be able to benefit more fully from the tuition.
The cost of the session will be £155 with a special price of £95 if you are a current Nikon Owner subscriber. To book, please email me as soon as you can to avoid disappointment, with your full name, daytime mobile and landline, or call between 12.00 p.m. and 5.30 p.m. Monday to Friday on 020 7828 4925 (or for International calls telephone + 44 (0)20 7828 4925) , and ask to speak to me, Gillian Greenwood.
General Photographic Techniques:
Agenda for the session
Part one: Camera skills
- Understanding f/numbers & shutter speeds
- Learn how to optimise white balance and ISO
- Mastering camera menu settings
- JPEG versus RAW: the pros and cons of both
- How to achieve accurate exposures
- Understand how your camera’s metering system works
- Learn the benefits of digital histograms
- Improve your focus techniques with AF and manual focus
Part two: Shooting skills
- Learn good camera handling
- Camera support systems, tripods, monopods, and alternatives
- Understanding and using depth-of-field
- Choosing and using filters
- Imaginative use of shutter speed
- Creative use of white balance
Part three: Beyond the camera
- Planning and visualising the picture
- Techniques of composition
- Transporting photographic equipment
- Tips for location shooting
Questions and Answers:
- Please note that there will be ample opportunity to ask questions throughout the seminar.
Travelling to Fitzroy House, 37 Fitzroy Street, London W1T 6DX:
- The nearest underground station is Warren Street, but please do make sure that it is open – it is occasionally closed on a Saturday – if so, Goodge Street station is a good option.
What is Nikon Owner?
Nikon Owner Magazine and Interactive Website is considered by many to be the world’s number 1 user group for Nikon owners. It was initially founded with the purpose of assisting Nikon users to make full use of the Nikon equipment they own, to give advice on a wide spectrum of photographic queries and problems, and at the same time to offer ideas to bring about an increase in photographic skills. Subscription to Nikon Owner magazine and interactive website provides a bridge between theory and practical, technical knowledge and accomplishment. As a subscriber to this group, you will receive an array of offers and assistance, as well as the unique photographic publication:
Nikon Owner Magazine
From the cold reaches of the Arctic to the muted ocres of The Palio, from the panoramic sweep of an alien landscape to the microscopic detail of a leaf in bud, Nikon Owner magazine is both inspirational and informative. With its mix of stunning images, illuminating articles to assist and enlighten the photographer, and the very latest reviews on Nikon equipment, it is the essential magazine for the Nikon user, and is 100% Nikon.
Nikon Owner subscriber benefits additionally include:
- Private user name and password to subscribers’-only website which includes a lively forum, message board, technical equipment reviews, events’ page and use of a photo gallery.
- Simon Stafford’s Technical Helpline: free technical consultation and support from Simon Stafford who is widely recognized as one of the top Nikon experts in the UK; you will be able to benefit from his formidable knowledge and have all your technical questions fully answered by email. This service is exclusive to Nikon Owner subscribers.
- FREE 3-year warranty on all new Nikon products from Grays of Westminster within your year of subscription.
- FREE 18-month warranty on second-hand Nikon from Grays of Westminster within your year of subscription.
- 10% off Think-Tank bags purchased at Grays of Westminster.
- Special trips: past visits have included a two-week trip to Japan and a personal tour of the Nikon factory, a visit to Nikon Thailand, Angkor Watt, Cambodia.
- Substantial discounts on events and training sessions such as Mike Maloney’s House of Lords Photographic Workshop, Heather Angel’s Wildlife & Natural History Workshops, Chris Weston’s Photographic Courses, Simon Stafford’s Definitive Flash, Portraiture and Macro Seminars.
- 10% off any training courses run by Nikon UK.
- A range of complimentary meetings and outings organized by local Nikon Owner Groups.
- Nikon Owner Grand Christmas Dinner at the Institute of Directors, Pall Mall, London.
The cost of an annual subscription to Nikon Owner is currently at the special price of £59. (Quote SSS59 when you call or email.)
With kindest regards
Features Editor and Events & Training Coordinator