Saturday, June 9th, 1.30 p.m. to 5.30 p.m.
Fitzroy House, 37 Fitzroy Street, London, W1T 6DX
Harnessing the power of Photoshop & Lightroom…the ultimate photographic workflow with Debbie Jones (on Lightroom) and Michael Eleftheriades (on Photoshop):
Adobe Photoshop is the standard in image editing. Adobe Photoshop Lightroom has recently been updated to version 4 and is becoming the standard for non-destructive editing and RAW-based workflow. So which is best, what can you do in Photoshop that you can’t in Lightroom and vice versa? Or do they have much more in common than we envisage, given that they share the same RAW module? If you are interested in which package is the right one for you, plus want to find out more about organising, cataloguing and retouching your images, this is the seminar for you!
Debbie will provide a thorough introduction to Adobe Lightroom 4, including organising and cataloguing your images, editing and developing your shots, outputting to print, slideshow and to websites. Throughout the session Debbie will highlight useful tips, tricks and shortcuts to help you spend less time in front of the computer and more time behind the camera.
Michael will show you how multiple images can be viewed and organised in Adobe Bridge and then demonstrate the more advanced features of compositing and image masking in Adobe Photoshop.
Attendees of all skill levels are welcome – we aim to show workflows and tips that will be useful to beginners as well as more advanced users.
The event will end with a prize draw to win numerous prizes, including a copy of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom v4.
The seminar will be held in central London, at Fitzroy House, 37 Fitzroy Street, London W1T 6DX.
The seminar will take place from 1.30 pm until 5.30 pm. A 45-minute period for Q&A will follow at the end of the seminar. The cost of the session will be £155 with a special price of £95 if you are a current Nikon Owner subscriber, and includes afternoon tea. To book, please email your full name, daytime mobile and landline to Gillian Greenwood at: email@example.com
If you are also a Nikon Owner subscriber, add your user name/subscription number to the email. There are limited places available, so do book as soon as you are able to in order to avoid disappointment. If you are not currently a Nikon Owner subscriber, in order to receive the discount, you will be able to join or re-join Nikon Owner when we call you to formalise the booking.
Please note that it is essential that you reply by email rather than by telephone.
Comparing Lightroom & Photoshop
- Lightroom Features
- Photoshop Benefits
- Why RAW – NEF Workflows
- Integrating LR & PS
Cataloguing your Image Library
- Downloading and naming files
- Cataloguing your images in Lightroom
- Using Photoshop Bridge
- What are Metadata, XMP & Sidecar files?
- Adobe Camera RAW in Lightroom & Photoshop
- How to correct images for best results
- Using filters and localised adjustments
- Multi-image editing
- How to use sharpening
- Lens Profiles, Presets and Colour Profiles explained
- Soft-proofing in Lightroom & Photoshop
- How to use Masking
- Layering & Compositing
- Context Aware Filling
- Exporting contact sheets
- Website creation
- Lightroom 4 Book Export
About Debbie Jones
The Lightroom presentation will be given by Debbie Jones, a commercial photographer who specialises in food photography. After 10 years vendor experience in the photographic industry, Debbie set up her own business and shares her personal insight of how you can adapt Adobe Photoshop Lightroom to support your own personal workflow. Debbie is an accredited photographer by the BIPP and an Adobe Certified Expert in Lightroom. She regularly freelances for Adobe, speaking at various seminars and events around the UK about Lightroom as well as providing one-to-one training for other photographers. Debbie’s presentation on Lightroom in February 2011 was the most popular event ever held by the Nikon Owner London Group.
About Michael Eleftheriades
A Nikon Owner subscriber since 2002, Michael is an architect and photographer who fuses his particular passion for architecture, virtual reality, computer graphics and photography in the creation of large-scale panoramic imagery. He has exhibited his photographs at three exhibitions in London and lectured on panoramic creation to wide acclaim in the UK, Europe and the United States. When not photographing, Michael directs the efforts of Media Synthesis, a media development and consultancy company established in 1993, and is responsible for virtual reality tours and interactive exhibits at many of the UK’s leading museums, including the Maritime and Natural History Museums. Michael also created the virtual tour for Grays of Westminster and has been the Nikon Owner London Group coordinator for the last three years.
About Nikon Owner
Standard Annual Subscription – current price £59 (shortly to increase in price)
- 1-year Subscription to Nikon Owner + 3-yr warranty on all new Nikon products from Grays of Westminster
- Nikon Owner magazine, a superb, glossy full-colour 60-page quarterly photography magazine that is 100% Nikon. Each issue delivers benchmark technical reviews of the very latest Nikon equipment, thought-provoking interviews and articles with world-class images
- Private user-name and password to subscribers-only website
- Simon Stafford’s Technical Helpline
- 18-month warranty on second-hand Nikon from Grays of Westminster
- 10% off Think Tank bags purchased at Grays of Westminster
- Special trips and events
- Discounts on events and training sessions
- 10% off any training courses run by Nikon UK
Gold Subscription – special price £349 (normal price £450)
- 4-year subscription to Nikon Owner
- 5-year warranty on all new Nikon products from Grays of Westminster
- 2-year warranty on second-hand Nikon from Grays of Westminster
- Gold Priority waiting list for all new Nikon releases (top of the waiting list)
- A half-hour tutorial on the phone or face to face, by appointment
- Special offers to Gold subscribers throughout the period of subscription
- A signed copy of Heather Angel’s Wild Kew while stocks last.
- A Grays of Westminster umbrella (in store only) or a Simon Stafford Nikon Magic Lantern Guide of your choice
- Nikon Owner quarterly magazine as above
- Private user-name and password to subscribers-only website which includes forum, message board, technical equipment reviews, events’ page and use of a photo gallery
- Gold subscription card
- Simon Stafford’s Technical Helpline
- 15% off Think Tank bags purchased at Grays of Westminster (this month only)
- Special trips and events
- Substantial discounts on training sessions organised by Grays of Westminster, including Mike Maloney’s Workshops , Heather Angel’s Wildlife & Natural History Workshops, Simon Stafford’s Definitive Flash, Portraiture and Macro
- Training Sessions, Michael Eleftheriades’ panoramic and colour-calibration seminars and Chris Weston’s Photographic Courses
10% off any training courses run by Nikon UK