I AM FAST AND STYLISH
Always impress with the fast, portable, and fabulous Nikon 1 S2.
Nikon 1 S2 + 11-27.5MM £379.99 / €459.00
Nikon 1 S2 + 11-27.5MM + 30-110MM (black or white only): £529.99 / €629.00
Sales start date: June 2014
London, UK, 14th May 2014 Nikon today expands its range of fast, portable Nikon 1 system cameras with the fabulous looking Nikon 1 S2. Fully equipped to catch the magic of action-packed moments, this brilliantly bold camera is as simple to operate as it is good to look at.
Nikon’s super quick advanced hybrid autofocus system locks onto even the fastest moving subjects with ease, and the world’s fastest continuous shooting frame rates1 allows you to capture the action faster than you can see it unfold. Nikon’s world-renowned EXPEED processing engine, plus a 14.2-megapixel CMOS sensor and a wide light sensitivity range of ISO 200–12800 ensure the magic of every moment is captured in stunning detail, while Nikon’s new Creative Palette function offers instant artistry with a range of studio-quality filters that add flourish to any image.
As well as producing high quality still images, the Nikon 1 S2 is equally as dazzling in the movie department. The smart choice for fuss-free filming, the camera renders smooth, sharp footage: new, easy-to-use movie modes make it simple to add some cinematic flair, and the new Auto Image Capture function automatically snaps perfect high-resolution stills while you’re filming. Fully compatible with the growing range of 1 NIKKOR lenses, the Nikon 1 S2 gives you the freedom to swap perspectives with ease, and the 1 NIKKOR 11–27.5mm f/3.5–5.6 zoom lens ensures you’re ready to capture stunning images right out of the box.
Thuan Bui, Product Manager for Nikon 1 Compact System Cameras, Nikon UK, says: “The new Nikon 1 S2 looks as good as it performs, with no fuss and no disappointing shots. Ideal for photographers looking to make a step up from smart phones or compact cameras, the S2 impresses with its superior image quality and continuous shooting speeds that outpace even the fastest D-SLRs. Its fast phase-detection AF makes it a master movie shooter, and Nikon’s range of compact 1 NIKKOR lenses make it easy to experiment with new perspectives and develop your skills. Operating the Nikon 1 S2 is totally effortless, plus its stunning minimal design means you’ll look good whenever you take it out.”
Bold, beautiful, and always impressive
With the Nikon 1 S2, image is everything. From brilliant sunshine to atmospheric nightscapes, the camera’s large 14.2-megapixel CMOS sensor frees you to capture beautifully defined photos and HD movies anytime, anywhere. Designed without an optical low-pass filter, and offering a wide 200–12800 ISO range, this fast CX-format sensor makes the most of every megapixel to deliver richly detailed images even when you shoot in dim light. You can crop photos without losing any detail, and movies are sharp and clear. A camera with power to spare, the Nikon 1 S2’s EXPEED 4A dual-engine image processor keeps you shooting spectacular images and HD movies at speed. One processing engine enables the camera’s stunning image quality and exceptionally clean results; the other ensures fast, reliable performance and seamless continuous shooting.
Stunning speed, fabulous action
Shoot faster than ever and say goodbye to blurry images: built to capture moments that come and go in a heartbeat, the Nikon 1 S2 locks onto action with incredible speed and precision. Faster than a D-SLR, the camera offers super quick continuous shooting speeds, shooting ten RAW format images at up to 20 fps with continuous autofocus, and at up to 60 fps with focus fixed at the first frame. Every one of those split-second wonders is captured with pinpoint precision thanks to the Nikon 1 hybrid AF system, which uses 135 autofocus points to lock quickly onto your subject. Of those points, 73 phase-detection AF points—the same kind of AF as used in D-SLRs—are evenly spaced across the middle of the frame for spectacular action focusing and sharp movie shooting. Contrast-detect AF points extend to the edge of the frame and enable remarkably sharp detail, even in difficult lighting situations. The camera shoots without delay, and the 1 NIKKOR 11–27.5mm f/3.5–5.6 zoom lens ensures you’re always prepared to capture life’s unpredictable moments: just rotate the lens to switch your camera on and retract it to switch the camera off.
Simple operation, easy brilliance
A true master of the moment, the Nikon 1 S2 is so simple to operate that you’ll never have to miss a shot because you’re fussing with your camera. Designed to ensure you spend more time creating, this camera delivers truly effortless shooting with its advanced technology doing all the hard work so you don’t have to. Whether you want to shoot from the hip and on the fly, or spend more time composing that perfect portrait, the large 7.5-cm (3.0-in.), 460k-dot LCD monitor ensures easy composition and viewing. The ‘F’ button now provides instant access to the feature menu that lets you adjust shooting or playback settings in no time at all, and remarkably simple menus with easy-to-understand icons and well-placed buttons make it easy to quickly change modes, adjust key settings, or apply effects.
A simple press of a button is all it takes to start recording dazzling Full HD movies. The smart choice for fuss-free filming, the Nikon 1 S2 shoots smooth action footage and makes it simple to wow your audience with a touch of cinematic magic. As with all Nikon 1 cameras, the Nikon 1 S2 lets you capture high-resolution stills while filming simply by pressing the shutter-release button; Nikon’s new Auto Image Capture function analyses every frame and automatically snaps photos when conditions are best. New movie modes make it easy to create arresting clips: energise street scenes with Fast Motion, put an animated stop-motion feel on the passage of time with Jump Cut, or get expressive with to-the-point 4-Second Movie clips (you can stitch eight together).
Nikon 1 innovations
Original Nikon 1 innovations offer quick and easy ways to always get the best shot or turn the ordinary into the extraordinary without any effort at all. The acclaimed Best Moment Capture mode now features Nikon’s new Active Selection function, which snaps up to ten full-resolution shots in less than a second and lets you choose the one to keep. The all-new Creative Palette, available in the camera’s Creative Mode, makes it stunningly simple to apply artistic, studio-quality filters to photos before you shoot. Creative Palette adjusts brightness, saturation, and white balance as it cycles through various effects: all you need to do is rotate the multi selector, and the on-screen image changes to show you what you will capture the moment you take the shot.
Swap lenses to capture exciting new perspectives with Nikon’s range of premium 1 NIKKOR lenses. All 1 NIKKOR lenses deliver pristine images, and they are all optimised for movie recording, with their compact size and light weight contributing to the Nikon 1 system’s convenient portability, without sacrificing image quality. Pack the 1 NIKKOR VR 30–110mm lens to capture distant subjects. Grab the compact and stylish 1 NIKKOR VR 10–100mm zoom lens with wide-angle capability for superb versatility, or use the 1 NIKKOR 18.5mm prime lens for portraits with smooth background blur that makes your subject stand out beautifully.
The Nikon 1 S2 is available in black, red, white and yellow.
Summary of key features:
- Large 14.2-megapixel CMOS sensor: fast CX-format sensor designed without an optical low-pass filter. Sharply captures fine textures and renders clean, crisp images.
- ISO 200–12800: auto ISO extends from 200–6400, and you can increase sensitivity to ISO 12800. Sophisticated noise reduction keeps images clear when shooting at ISO 12800.
- EXPEED 4A: keeps you shooting spectacular images and HD movies at high speed.
- Simple operation: speed, accuracy, and intelligent automatic functions. Camera boasts a 7.5-cm (3.0-in.), 460k-dot LCD monitor, intuitive menus, and well-placed buttons.
- Advanced hybrid AF: 135-point AF system. Boasts 73 phase action points that lock onto action with incredible speed and precision.
- Lightning-fast fps: snap ten RAW format images at up to 20 fps with continuous AF, or at up to 60 fps with focus fixed at the first frame.
- Movie magic: film full HD (1080p) movies (aspect ratio 16:9) at a frame rate of 60p. Electronic VR enables blur-free footage for HD movies shot at 1080/30p or 720/30p, and you can record in extreme slow motion at 400 fps or 1200 fps.
- Photos while filming: snap high-resolution stills while filming a movie simply by pressing the shutter-release button, or use Auto Image Capture, which automatically snaps photos when conditions are best.
- Cinematic movie modes: Slow Motion, Fast Motion, Jump Cut, and 4-Second Movie.
- Live Image Control: easily freeze movement, tweak lighting, or blur backgrounds, then take the photo the moment you see the look you want.
- Nikon 1 innovations: Best Moment Capture (with the new Active Selection, and Smart Photo Selector), and Motion Snapshot.
- Creative Palette: use the camera’s multi selector to apply artistic, studio-quality filters to photos before you shoot.
- Portable Nikon 1 style: bold, beautiful, and perfectly minimal. The remarkably small and lightweight body is available in ice white, matte black, lipstick red, and sunshine yellow.
1 NIKKOR kit lens: perfectly capture even the most unexpected moments with the ultra-slim 1 NIKKOR 11–27.5mm f/3.5–5.6 zoom lens.
WU-1a Wireless Mobile Adapter: this optional adapter lets you easily transfer high-quality Nikon 1 shots to a smart device for instant sharing.2
Selected optional accessories:
- WP-N3 Waterproof Case: keep on shooting to depths of 45 m. Accommodates the Nikon 1 J4 or the Nikon 1 S2 with the 1 NIKKOR VR 10–30mm PD-ZOOM lens or the 1 NIKKOR 11–27.5mm lens attached.
- SB-N10 Underwater Speedlight: compact flash unit that lets you add powerful bursts of light to murky underwater environments.
- Nikon 1 body cases and body case sets: protect the camera, or the camera with a lens attached. You can shoot with the body case still on, and each body case boasts a moulded grip for a firm hold when shooting.
- FT1 Mount Adapter: lets you attach a NIKKOR D-SLR lens to your Nikon 1 camera.
- EN-EL22 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
- MH-29 Battery Charger
- View NX2 photo software